MAURITIUS FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
1st EDITION TERTIARY FILM COMPETITION 2016
DURATION OF FILM
· 13 minutes
· Mauritius in “2030”
· DVD, HD, MOV, Broadcasting quality HD
· All films will be judged by TV audience through a voting system by Orange and by MFDC panel of juries.
· All spoken languages in Mauritius.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF FILMS
· 18th August 2016
NO OF ENTRY
· A maximum of 2 entries per institution – Each entry should be submitted separately in 2 sealed envelopes mentioning the name of the institution on the envelop
· Each film should be accompanied by a trailer and a list of names who played in the film
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION
All interested Universities/Tertiary Institutions through their Students union should fill a participation form which will be available on our website www.mauritiusfilm.mu and submit it to MFDC.
It is recommended that each university/institution identifies a group of students to work on the project under the supervision of a teacher who will take the ultimate responsibilities in accordance with the student union.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
· Open to all universities and tertiary institutions in Mauritius
· Films must be produced and completely made by students in collaboration with teachers
· Content must be focus and related to theme mentioned above
· The MFDC is strongly opposed to the following shooting contents which are considered illegal: a. of a pornographic character- b. incitation to racial animosity-c. Contemptuous to any of the religious creeds established in the country
· In case there is images of smoking, alcoholic drinking and drug taking in the film, mention must be made through ‘insert’ that these are injurious to health.
Student / teachers will need to form a team consisting of artists, cameraman, editor, etc.
The MFDC will provide technical support to universities and institutions where there are no audiovisual facilities. Local professionals will be assigned by MFDC to give technical support and training to such Universities / Tertiary Institutions.
|Registration of institutions/universities
||Thursday 14th July 2016|
|Submission of films
||Tuesday 18th August 2016 |
|Screening on MBC for public voting
|My T and VOD optional