MAURITIUS FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (MFDC)
2nd EDITION INTER-COLLEGE FILM COMPETITION 2017
Now you can film, act and edit whenever and wherever you want!
The Intercollege Film Competition is an opportunity for young people to create a short film that will show the emergence of new talents in the filmmaking process, especially from drama to film...
Our aim is to inspire youngsters to have the courage to seize the moment and do something great or meaningful that can show creativity, innovation and talents.
After the remarkable success of the 1st Edition of the Intercollege Film Competition 2016, the MFDC in collaboration with the Ministry of Arts and Culture and the Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research is planning to launch the 2nd Edition of the Inter-College Film Competition in March 2017. This film Competition is designed to give young students a chance to tell their stories while discovering and enhancing their skills as scriptwriters, filmmakers, actors, editors….
· To promote creativity, ingenuity and discover new talents.
· To create a “big splash’’ and have the new generations voices heard through filmmaking
· To promote local production of films in view of a Mauritian Film Industry.
· To make this new generation think and be able to tell quick story.
· To incite the interest of the new generation in cinematography
· To exhibit the best films, through the organization of a festival or through any other platforms, showing artistic and humanitarian qualities which may lead to better understanding between different generations.
· To provide leisure for the young people of Mauritius.
· Public/Private/ Confessional Colleges
Students of Grade 7 to Grade XIII (Former Form 1-6)
· 13 minutes
· All films will be judged by TV audience though a voting system by Orange.
· All speaking languages in Mauritius.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF FILMS
Submission of films to MFDC Friday 5th May 2017
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION
All interested colleges through their rectors should fill a participation form which is available on our website www.mauritiusfilm.mu and send it to MFDC.
It is recommended that each college identifies a group of students to work on the project under the supervision of a teacher with the ultimate responsibility of the rector of the college. It is recommended also to use as far as possible students, teachers and school staff members in the film. The Management of the school should seek, if need be, assistance from its respective PTA.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
· Open to secondary schools in Mauritius only
· Films must be produced and completely made by students accompanied by a teacher
· All genres will be accepted
· Content must be focus and related to the theme mentioned above
· The MFDC is strongly opposed to the following shooting contents which are considered illegal: (a). of a pornographic character- (b). incitation to racial animosity-
(c). Contemptuous to any of the religious creeds established in the country.
The MFDC will provide technical support as far as possible according to its means to colleges where there is no audiovisual facilities and subject to a proper planning from the colleges. The colleges beneficiating from technical support from the MFDC will not be eligible to BEST FILM AWARD.
· Ministry of Arts and Culture
· Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research
· Press Advert, Clips, Facebook, Website and Articles
· Posters in colleges
· The shorts films will be broadcast on MBC Channels and public will vote for the best films.
· The MFDC will organize an Award Ceremony to award the best films and other winners of different categories.
· The Films will be on MFDC Website and Facebook.
· Trophies and cash prize will be awarded to the best films and different categories
· MFDC, Ministry of Arts and Culture and the Ministry of Education will also award specific prizes in various categories to be finalized later depending on the number and quality of films received.
· The Cash rewards/ Trophies/ Awards will go to the College and the team engaged in the production of the short film.
INTERCOLLEGE FILM COMPETITION 2016 – 1st Edition
The competition was launched last year on the 9th February 2016
Some 44 short films were received from different colleges (27%), public and private, out of which 41 films were of broadcast quality. These films were sent to the MBC Channels for public viewing and voting.
50% colleges to participate out of 165 (75 to 85 films expected)
Launching of the competition Friday 10th March 2017
Registration of participants Friday 17th March 2017
Submission of films to MFDC Friday 5th May 2017
AWARD NIGHT - CASH PRIZES /TROPHIES and SHIELDS
An award night will be organized in December 2017 to award cash prizes, trophies and shields to different winners and categories.