WHO WE ARE
The Mauritius Film Development Corporation (MFDC) was set up in August 1986 (Act no. 31 of 1986). It is under the aegis of the Ministry of Arts and Culture and its budget is fully funded by the Government.
The objectives of the Corporation as enunciated in the Act are as per below:
• To import, export, exhibit and produce films;
• To establish relationship with foreign and international persons or bodies for the promotion of film activities;
• To hold or promote the holding of film show festivals to cater for the cultural and linguistic needs of the people of Mauritius;
• To give such assistance, financial or otherwise, as the Board may determine to persons or bodies engaged in the production or exhibition of films.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
We have 4 main areas of intervention as per below:
- One-Stop-Shop services that include providing coordinating support to both foreign and local filmmakers willing to shoot in Mauritius. We also give authorisation for shooting after all clearances and necessary documents obtained.
- Production Development that include production of clips and corporate films.
- Audience Development through our project “cinema mobile” and the organisation of film festival.
- Capacity Building Development through the organisation of training courses and workshops in different fields of cinema.